Arginine, L-Carnitine and Ornithine are non-essential amino acids that form the building blocks of the body. But, the amino acid Arginine is often considered a semi-essential amino acid, which means although the body is able to manufacture Arginine on its own, there are times where dietary supplementation becomes a necessity. However, L-Carnitine and Ornithine are non-essential amino acids which are derived by the body from essential amino acids like lysine and methionine, and Arginine respectively. These amino acids are necessary for the proper functioning of the human body, brain, liver and muscles.
HCG, “Human Chorionic Gonadotropin” is a hormone naturally produced and found in pregnant women, and is widely used as HCG drops. The HCG drops along with a low calorie meal is known to help the body burn more fat and lead to weight loss. Amino acids Arginine, L-Carnitine and Ornithine, that are included in the HCG drops may benefit the individual in their weight loss program, by increasing their levels on fat burning hormones in the body and by providing more nutrient delivery to the working muscles. Apart from the HCG diet weight loss benefits, the amino acids Arginine, L-Carnitine and Ornithine also possess a number of other health benefits that help their body to function properly.
Health Benefits of Arginine
Arginine is known to possess a number of health benefits to the body which include:
- It stimulates the body’s immune system by releasing T-cells from the thymus gland and is helpful in treating a number of auto-immune disorders and other medical conditions.
- It helps keep the skin, joints, liver, and muscles healthy.
- Studies have indicated that Arginine is very helpful in treating conditions of impotence and heart diseases.
- Arginine helps regulate blood sugar and hormone levels in the body,
- It helps the body to process two natural substances, creatine and nitrogen. Creatine helps to build muscle mass, and nitrogen is used for muscle metabolism.
- It helps repair and heal damaged tissues, and therefore are very beneficial for athletes and for people suffering from arthritis.
- Arginine reduces body fat and thus speeds up weight loss.
- It also aids in the detoxification process by removing toxic ammonia from the body.
Health Benefits of L-Carnitine
Carnitine is made from 2 essential amino acids, lysine and methionine. Some of the major benefits of Carnitine include:
- It is mainly involved in the energy production, through helping fatty acids to move into the power house of the cell.
- It improves heart and vascular functions by preventing heart attacks, and decreasing the symptoms of angina and heart failure.
- It improves overall brain function and helps treat conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and depression.
- It aids in weight loss by increasing the body’s metabolism, stimulating muscle production and reducing fatigue, and by helping the individual to work harder and longer.
Health Benefits of Ornithine
The non-essential amino acid Ornithine is derived from Arginine and are useful in a number of body functions which include:
- When combined with Arginine and Carnitine, Ornithine helps minimize body fat and build more muscles.
- It stimulates the release of HGH from the pituitary gland, that is needed for synthesising protein and building muscle mass. Also, the stimulation HGH release provides anti-aging effects on various body organs like thymus, spleen, liver and kidneys.