Phase three is one of the most vital phases of the HCG Diet and follows Dr. Simeons’ original protocol exactly. This is a very simple phase that needs to be followed precisely to ensure that the body resets its metabolism. When the body resets its metabolism, it will eliminate future hunger symptoms and fat storage in the body. This phase follows phase 2 and should be adhered to for 21 days. During this phase dieters are allowed to eat anything, except for the following:
- Avoid all sugars and artificial sweeteners including: sugar, honey, high fructose or normal corn syrup, molasses, aspartame, sucrose, and any other sugars or sweeteners. However, Stevia and Saccharin be be used as a sweetener, if needed.
- Avoid all starches including: pastas, breads, wheat, rice, potatoes and the like.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants, nitrites, trans fats and hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid eating fatty fish and mono-sodium glutamate (MSG).
Although the third phase has a lot of things you should avoid eating, it also has a lot of recommendations on what should be done during this 21 day phase. The following is recommended:
- Exercise including: walking for one hour a day, go to yoga classes and partake in any type of weight resistance.
- Spend 20 minutes in the sun and 20 minutes in an infrared or conventional sauna.
- Eat six times a day, including a big breakfast.
- Lunch and dinner should always include a big salad.
- Eat at least 2 organic apples and 1 organic grapefruit each day.
- Add cinnamon and hot peppers to food whenever possible.
- Take the following supplements and vitamins daily: Vitamin E, AlphaCalm, krill oil and a whole food supplement.
- ThreeLac should be taken as directed and Acetyl L-Carnitine should be taken on occasion.
- Each day have 1 – 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of organic coconut oil 2 times a day.
- Ensure the continuation of drinking Eleotin tea 3 times a day or as the directions suggest.
- Drink various organic teas such as: Wu Long, Green, Yerba Mata and Chamomile in any desired quantity.
- Drink 1/2 – 1 gallon of pure spring water everyday.
- Digestive enzymes should be taken with food.
- Fiber from flax seeds, acacia or oat brain should be added into foods daily.
- Probiotics should be taken daily.
- Dinner should be finished at least 3 ½ hours before going to bed.
- Occasionally throughout the third phase, eat organic chicken, beef, fish, turkey or veal in 100 gram quantities before going to bed.
- Sleep 7 – 8 hours every night and keep a consistent routine. It is recommended to be asleep by 10 p.m. and awaken at 6 a.m. everyday.
- Body care products, lotions and creams are allowed if they do not contain propylene glycol and sodium laurel sulfate.
Remember that these are just helpful HCG tips and are not required for success.
It is important to weigh yourself every morning after you empty your bladder. This has to be done everyday since the diet has now corrected the hypothalamus. Once the hypothalamus is corrected, weight will be distributed evenly throughout the body. Since the weight is distributed evenly, a person can gain ten or fifteen pounds without noticing. This will last for three weeks after the completion of phase two. If your weight is even slightly above 2 pounds higher than your weight at the end of phase 2, then do the following:
-The day you notice weight gain, do not eat until 6 p.m. Although no food is allowed, it is vital to drink a minimum of a half a gallon of pure water, but no more than one gallon. The various teas mentioned above should be drank as well. For dinner, an organic steak, ideally a large one, should be eaten and it is allowed to be seasoned with everything but salt. An organic, uncooked, tomato or apple is also allowed.
Phase three is when you will become aware of your appetite. Typically, dieters will put more food on their plates than they can eat. It is essential that you realize when you are full and stop eating. You do not want to overeat. Eating and chewing slowly will help you adjust to your new food limitations and realize when you have eaten enough. Since this phase includes three meals and three organic snacks, people will have to adjust to earlier habits and understand to stop eating when they are full versus when their plates are empty.
It is very important to be relaxed when eating, this means that you will want to sit at a table and eat. Do not eat when you are driving, standing up or watching the television. The idea is to be relaxed so you can enjoy your meals and take your time. This ensures that you know when you are full without any outside distractions.
Many dieters get discouraged that they are not losing weight during phase 3. However, phase three is meant to adjust the body to a higher amount of protein intake. Any weight that is lost after phase 2 is likely lost from muscle. If an appropriate amount of protein is not eaten during phase 3, the body will begin to retain water and the dieter’s weight will rise. This water indicates a deficiency in protein and is caused by not following phase 3 strictly.
The HCG diet, like any other diet, should only be undertaken after a consultation with a health care professional. However, those who are allowed to go on the HCG diet and follow the regimen thoroughly will see long last results. The body will store fat more efficiently, the dieter will be healthier and skinner and they will finally be able to control your weight.